Sunday, February 7, 2021

School Mornings

There is nothing more beautiful than a perfectly orchestrated school morning. We just happened to have one so I thought I would celebrate. What happens in an average morning?...
1- Get 3 kids up by 6:30 and showering (making sure to ask if they washed their hair, this is the only way that I hear that the shampoo is empty because otherwise I don't think they would ever tell me)
2- Feed them all a healthy breakfast (Ok, usually it's not sugar cereal, but today we had a treat, froot loops)
3- Make sure they brush their teeth (if I don't peek in they can brush in a record 10 seconds, but this morning their mean mom made them use the 2 minute timers their dentist gave them)
4- Have them pick up their room (and say for the 100th time that if they would put their clothes in the hamper they wouldn't have to pick up their room)
5- Practice instruments for 30 minutes (if I wander off to brush my teeth I will hear them picking out the music to Wall-E, which they are pretty good at, or star wars, when I need to remind them that practice involves actually playing the pieces their teachers have assigned)
6- Pack 4 lunches (making sure no one has "accidentally" packed 2 desserts and forgotten a fruit)
7- Remind 2 boys they need to take an afternoon snack
8- Check homework folders (which this morning meant making an apple with Jeremy)
9- Sign Jackson's agenda
10- Remind the boys to empty their dishwasher
11- Peek in their backpacks to find a DS or gameboy (this is critical for a happy bus ride home)
12 - Look at the cereal bowls on the table they forgot to put in the dishwasher, sigh, and decide enough is enough. It still was a successful morning.
I wish all mornings could be so successful. Yesterday one boy missed the bus, and I was glad to take him so I could deliver the two lunches still sitting on the counter.

4 comments:

Jennie's bunch said...

I'm ready for a nap after reading that!:) Moms are amazing!!!! I hope you continue having successful mornings!

Ashley Dickman said...

it's funny how we always look forward to the next stage in our kids life (or at least I do)... this morning I took little Evie to school for Jennie and Kaden was sooo... excited to take her into her class! He just looked at her so sadly as she walked in and he was left with boring mom! I thought to myself how fun it will be for him to be able to go to school... then I read this and I realized I can wait that much longer to have my little ones this small! ;) Congrats on a great morning... I'm sure that is very hard to do with 4 boys!

Tanya Searle said...

That sounds lovely! I hope all your days run as smoothly. Although, they ARE Searle boys, so there is bound to be some craziness. :)

Jen said...

You know... after reading about all the chaos that is your morning, I realize that maybe having the kids all home with me is okay after all. I'm going to go nuts in another 5 years or so! You deserve a few hours of quiet (plus Joshua) after a morning like that!