Sunday, February 7, 2021

First Grade

Well today is the day. Jacob started 5th grade (his last year until middle school). Jackson is in 3rd grade. Jeremy is in 1st, and Joshua who would never miss out on an opportunity to get his photo taken and pack a lunch like his big brothers is 3. I should be all positive and excited, but first grade is the year I really dread. I hate looking at the clock and realizing that last year Jeremy would be home by now. I've gone through this with every boy so in theory it should be easier, but it's not.
Every first grade year I debate in my head the pros and cons of home schooling and realize it's my own selfishness that would keep them home from school. They are loving school and excited for it to start. On the plus side Joshua and I can have time to do preschool things like the floor puzzle we just finished. He spends so much of his time doing what the big kids do that I guess it's his turn to do some preschool age activities instead of what his big brothers would choose.

6 comments:

Jen said...

Oh, I love Joshua's picture! That IS great for him to have some time with you to do "3-year-old" stuff.

Jennie's bunch said...

The boys look so handsome!! I hope everyone survived their first day...including you!!

Jeaniel said...

Wishing I was there to see my boys off. They looked so good!! Even Joshua, who is ready for school at home. "Work Hard, this year!"....Love you all...Grandma Sauer

Janna said...

Sooooo cute! That's fun that you have 3 kids at the same school. Must be fun to see their brothers in the halls.

Mason packed a little lunch too! And insisted on taking it into the school with us.

I must be a bad mom cause when 11:30 rolled around this morning I thought, "I'd be picking Zack up right now if he were in Kinder. I'm glad that I'm not cause it feels like I just dropped him off!" I thought it would be a long lonely day without him, but it flew by. He thought so too.

What did Jeremy think of his first full day?

TEAM BOWMAN said...

aww joshua's soo cute and probably just as smart as his brothers anyway

Mindi said...

Oh my gosh! Not to pour salt in a new wound, but Jeremy looks SO MUCH older what happened?? Haircut? Wow! I'm not a fan of Kindergarten at all- much rather first grade- Logan is very sad he's not eating lunch at school (I'm trying not to be offended by that).