Tuesday, February 3, 2009

God Bless the USA

My good friend Paola just became a citizen of the United States. The ceremony was amazing. It made me more appreciative of my citizenship when I watched about 115 people take the oath to be loyal to and protect and defend our country. I know the economy is a wreck, and I'm not real excited about the new administration, but still I believe this to be a great nation, united under God, striving for liberty and justice. It still makes me a little teary eyed to watch the 1st graders say the pledge of allegiance and then bow their heads for a moment of silence and silent prayer each morning at school. Thank you to our armed forces who work to keep our country free, and congratulations Paola!!! We are excited to have you a part of this great nation!
Each new citizen stood as the name of their country of birth was called. Mexico had quite a few, as did India and Vietnam. I am remembering about 50 countries were represented.

3 comments:

Janna said...

Awww. That's awesome! Congrats to Paola.

abby said...

That's awesome! I feel the same way about this administration, but I still love this country and those who serve and sacrifice for it in the Military.

Jennie's bunch said...

That is so great!! I am so excited for Paola! What a fun day!!