Saturday, February 7, 2009

Star Wars Convert

I grew up in a family of girls and never saw Star Wars. I've fought against it for some 30 years. I even remember on a date in high school they watched the trilogy and I slept through it (where did I find that guy?). I've seen scenes here and there walking through the front room when the boys have rented it, but never actually sat down to watch it.

Well I could only last so long in a house full of boys that love Star Wars. Yesterday I spent $40 to buy the original trilogy (I laughed at myself the whole time in Target), popped some popcorn and watched all three movies back to back with my boys. It was a late night, and a lot of fun, and really not a bad flick. I couldn't help but laugh when the abominable snowman got his arm chopped off. There are some good lessons, and it was refreshing to see a good triumphs over evil film. If only I could stop humming the imperial march in my head!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What never seen star wars. What planet have you been on. My boys just discovered the movies too. Tonight is goin to be return of the Jedi I think. I think I saw this film 100's of times growing up. But I had all brothers. So glad you got to see it.

Jen said...

They are pretty good, aren't they? When I finally got around to watching them, I watched the original trilogy all together too. Not too bad...

Jill said...

I have to say I like it too. I watched the first one in high school and loved it. I didn't tell many people I liked it. :)

Anne said...

I love the old Star Wars, too. I saw them when I was really young and did not get the full effect. Then when they came out again, I saw them as a grown up and just loved it!!