Thursday, February 19, 2009

Hermit Crabs n Joshua

Here is Joshua and Goog and Teej. I brought them home because Joshua has been asking for a fish and I really don't like the smell of a fish tank, or cleaning it. So far these guys have been much easier. We feed them once a day and let them out to "exercise."

Their exercise was climbing over these cars in Joshua's room. They look so small next to his monster trucks, but they had no problem climbing over them. If you look close you can see one clear in the back right.

4 comments:

Janna said...

My kids want a pet. We have a bunch of fish but I think they are wanting something they can interact with. I'm not a fan of animals/furry things though... so this would be a great compromise. I'm gonna try to sell it to them. If it doesn't work I think we're gonna end up with a hedgehog!

Anonymous said...

My kids had Hermit crabs a few years back. They are so easy to take care of. We did have to buy a bigger empty shell to let them go into, because they get to big for the shell they came in. Good Luck with the crabs.

smithsmiles said...

Good choice for a pet. We are all about low maintenance. Next time the kids start asking for a dog I may go with hermit crab! Joshua is so cute laying on the floor right there with them. I bet he talks to them too!

Anonymous said...

Baylee has wanted a fish also. I like your idea of a crab. We'll keep that in mind. Min