Friday, March 6, 2009

Rip Van Winkle

I feel like I have been asleep forever (actually a week) and have awoke to a completely different world. I have been so sick the last week has been a blur, but this morning I got up and my house, left without a mom for too long, was...well you could imagine. The boys had cleaned their rooms and the frontroom. Luckily a good friend showed up and cleaned my kitchen for me (thank you thank you thank you!). Then this afternoon I actually left the house to buy some food. The fridge was pretty empty and I think they have been living on cereal and gas station milk. When I pulled out of the neighborhood I saw a huge line of fully blossomed trees! It was beautiful, and followed by rows of daffodils. How long was I out?

What a great way to get back into real life. Thank God for my boys, good friends, spring blossoms, and daffodils.

No comments: